2012 Greater Philadelphia Scholastic Championship

Seventy – five people arrived at Maple Glen hoping to win one of three City Chess Championships.  In the K-3 section, Aneesh Raparla, fresh off his undefeated win in the Autumn Knight tournament, went 5 – 0.  Risa Azim and Jack Lieberman both were 4 – 1, losing only to Aneesh.   Eight players went 3 – 2.  The top team was Whitemarsh Elementary with 7 game points.
        In the K-6 section, Tate Park scored a perfect 5 – 0 result.  Three players, Julien Mackensen, John Sachenik, and Peter Kimball, each scored 4 – 1.  There were 9 players that went 3 – 2.  The top team was Bridge Valley, which scored 12 game points.
        In the K-12 section, three players, Angel “Josh” Hernandez-Camen, Andy Weng, and Adam Serota all scored 3.5 points.   Josh won first place and the invitation to the Philadelphia Junior Invitational this summer.   Eight players were within a game of the three winners.  The top team was Pocono Mountain East.
        If anyone has a game they feel is particularly good, please feel free to send it to me, as I am the editor of The PennsWoodpusher, the state chess magazine, and I might be able to use the game in my article on the event.
          Hope to see everyone in Wayne Elementary on December 8th for the December Crush!

Here is the link to the final standings.  Please remember that the USCF lists ties based on final rating, not tiebreakers.

http://www.uschess.org/msa/XtblMain.php?201211107602